Enbridge Home Winterproofing Program
Think about how much you spend on gas heating per year. Now, imagine 30% less, at no cost to upgrade, with a warmer, more comfortable home.
The Enbridge Home Winterproofing Program was created to help income-eligible households conserve energy and save money. This program, which provides free installed insulation and draft proofing for older homes, is completely free those who qualify.
If you’re an Enbridge customer, call GreenSaver to see if you qualify for free home upgrades.
Here’s How it Works:
Benefits and Savings
There are many great reasons to take part in the Enbridge Gas Distribution’s Home Winterproofing Program:
- Lower energy bills: Improve the efficiency of your home and you could lower energy use up to 30%
- Increased comfort: Keep your home at a comfortable temperature while reducing monthly energy costs.
- Improve home health: Living in drafty conditions can be hard on your health. But with the appropriate improvements, you can create a safer, healthier home.
- Contribute to a healthier environment: By using less energy, you’re helping to create a cleaner world for everyone.
- Increase home resale value: Energy-efficient homes are more attractive to prospective buyers.
In the winter, warm air escapes your house through small leaks and through walls and ceilings with poor insulation. Your gas heater has to work harder to keep the temperature at a comfortable level, which means you are paying extra on your heating bill. You could be losing up to 30% of the heat in your home to poor insulation.
Who Is Eligible
Featured Case Study
Your annual household income (before-tax income of all household members, age 18 or older) is the same or less than the amounts shown:
|People living in home||Household Income|
|7 or more persons||$86,914|
You have received one of the following
for the past 12 months:
- National Child Benefit Supplement
- Allowance for the Survivor
- Guaranteed Income Supplement
- Allowance for Seniors
- Ontario Works
- Ontario Disability Support Program
- You have received Utility Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) grant within the past 12 months.
To apply now for free energy upgrades, please fill out our Enbridge Winterproofing Program contact form and a member of our client support team will contact you within 2 business days.
If you operate a social housing residence, co-operative or support home, please see our Helping Those In Need page for more information.