Your local hydro company and the IESO (Independent Electricity Systems Operator) have joined together under the Home Assistance program to help Ontario homeowners and tenants make their homes more energy efficient. The Home Assistance Program (HAP) provides income-eligible homeowners, residents and tenants with free energy upgrades in their home. HAP helps homeowners reduce their energy bills by replacing old and inefficient equipment with new equipment that uses less electricity.
The upgrades are free and GreenSaver provides the installation at no cost to you.
Free upgrades could include:
- Energy-saving light bulbs
- ENERGY STAR® refrigerator
- ENERGY STAR® freezers, dehumidifier, window air-conditioner
- Home insulation and draft proofing
- Low-flow showerheads
- Programmable thermostats
- Faucet aerators
Who Is Eligible
Featured Case Study
Your annual household income (after-tax income of all household members, age 18 or older) is the same or less than the amounts shown:
|People living in home||Household Income|
|7 or more persons||Please Contact|
You have received one of the following
for the past 12 months:
- National Child Benefit Supplement
- Allowance for the Survivor
- Guaranteed Income Supplement
- Allowance for Seniors
- Ontario Works
- Ontario Disability Support Program
- Ontario Electricity Support Program
- Healthy Smiles Ontario Child Dental Program
- Natural Gas (DSM) Low-Income Program
- Utility Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
To apply now for free energy upgrades, please fill out our Home Assistance program contact form and a member of our client support team will contact you within 2 business days.
If you operate a social housing residence, co-operative or support home, please see our Helping Those In Need page for more information.
Subject to additional terms and conditions. Save on Energy is powered by the Independent Electricity System Operator and brought to you by your local hydro utility.