The Ontario Home Energy Audit Program is an energy conservation program that shows you how and where your home loses energy. Ontario is offering financial rebates of 50 per cent off the cost of a home energy audit, up to $150.
A home energy audit will include a:
- basement-to-attic assessment of your home’s insulation, heating and cooling systems, and other energy uses
- “blower door” test to detect air leaks and drafts
- personalized Energy Efficiency Evaluation Report and recommendations.
If your home was built more than 10 years ago it could be losing a lot of energy, costing you extra money. The Ontario Home Energy Audit Program will help you find out if your home is losing energy from:
- out-of-date energy guzzling furnaces
- poor insulation
- energy-wasting appliances
- old water heaters
- leaks around poorly fitted doors, windows and sills.